During our Easter vacation, I received a wonderful message from Natascha that she had nominated the blog for a Lovely Blog award! It has taken a little bit of time to write the post linked to the nomination since we have been travelling, unpacking and just dealing with the household and the kids! But after a little bit of work, we are finally ready to thank you for the nomination and make our own post.
As part of the award, I am supposed to share 7 things about myself too.
1. I dislike snow. Actually, I think that goes for both of us. But being Norwegian and not liking snow tends to get a few funny comments.
2. I love coffee! But I don’t really drink it black, so I prefer to make a mocca on my own Isomac coffee machine. I used to have a red KitchenAid espresso machine and I love the design of it. But when we moved, the machine got upgraded. I still miss the look of the old one though, even if the new one makes better coffee and steamed milk.
3. We love wine, especially Italian Amarone and French Rhone reds, but always open to new recommendations and tastings.
4. I love cooking for friends and family, testing out new recipes and ingredients. They are my guinea pigs, whether they like it or not. 🙂
5. Ralph is the gardener and farm person, whereas Silje will happily pick and make food with the produce from the garden.
6. I love to involve the kids in the kitchen, even if it calls for added patience, safety measures and more mess than initially planned. It is great fun to see how they grow from being allowed to help with what mummy or daddy does.
7. I have a major fascination for little deli shops, tea shops, coffee shops and farmer’s markets. Ralph is convinced I am their dream customer as I just “have to buy something” every single time! If they sell cheese, salami, spices, tea, wine or similar, I am sold before I walk through the front door. Just like the shop at Hopballe Mill that we visited over Easter. The bags were rather full after my visit there! 🙂
Blogs I recommend and nominate:
1. Spring Tomorrow, wonderful mix of food posts with great Asian inspiration.
2. Learn To Love Food, great inspiration for playful food.
3. Addicted to the sweet life, for their Melbourne inspiration. We both miss Melbourne a great deal! 🙂
4. Living on Annette, great food inspiration and good recipes.
5. Jane’s patisserie, because I can’t open the page without getting hungry for something sweet! 🙂
6. Cooking without limits, great recipes and gorgeous pictures.
7. The Culinary Jumble, good inspiration and vibrant page.
8. The Migrant Chef, Beautiful page with great inspirational recipes.
9. Food 4 your mood, Fun and inspirational blog.
10. Some good eats, a very different perspective than the majority of the blogs I follow, with focus on Asian cuisine. Great and extensive step by step recipes.
11. Sugar and sam, so much sweet yumminess!
12. Trines mat, Norway largest food blog and my definite go to blog for inspiration.
I have gotten somewhat stuck now, so I think I will stick to these. 🙂
Rules/instructions for the “One Lovely Blog Awards”:
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you (mention your nominator in your own award post with a link back to their original award post, which would be this one).
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs (usually on their about page or contact directly if necessary) to let them know.
*Map pictures are borrowed from: BP Blogspot Enchanted Learning